What is MD in Pathology?
Doctor of Medicine in Pathology is a postgraduate Course where one acquires the knowledge of sub-specialties in Histopathology, Cytopathology, and Clinical Pathology, Clinical chemistry, blood banking and haematology. This helps post graduate students so that they may become pathologists of high standard who are to help the suffering patients through their precise diagnostic skills. They will also be trained to become good researchers & teachers and serve the community.
Eligibility Criteria for MD in Pathology
- The Candidate must have passed M.B.B.S from a reputed university/Institute approved by the Medical Council of India and obtained a minimum of 55% Marks in it.
- They must also qualify the NEET Qualifier PG Entrance Exam for admission in the College
Duration of the course is three years, and it is an important career orienting course that opens many scopes for the candidate after its successful completion which includes :
- Senior Residency in Pathology in various Government Hospitals and Medical colleges across the Country
- Faculty in various Teaching Hospitals across the Country
- Consultant Pathologist at Corporate Hospitals and diagnostic centres.
- Researcher at ICMR Affiliated Institutions in India and world-class institutions abroad.
- DM Histopathology and hematopathology.
- 1 Year PDCC course (Blood Banking & Immunohaematology)
- 1 Year PDCC course(Blood Component Therapy & Apheresis)
- 1 Year PDCC course(Hepatopathology)
- 1 Year PDCC course(Renal Pathology)
- 1 Year Post MD Certificate course in Cytopathology
- 1 Year Post MD Certificate course in Immunopathology
Other Career Prospects of MD in Pathology
- Opportunity to work in Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pursue Research and also do a Ph.D. for research and development positions
- Research writing, edit scientific news articles, Professional publications
Employment Areas after M.D in Pathology
- Medical College
- Healthcare Organizations
- Research Institutes
- Lab director
- NABL & NABH auditor and assessor
Why Choose Santosh?
- One of the top institutions in India for the study of Medicine
- Runs on a triple mission of service, education, and research
- The environment of learning and discovery apart from your degree
- Atmosphere to carry out research in health sciences as well as extensive healthcare
- World-class faculty from reputed institutions in Delhi, Advanced educational experience with guest lectures.
- Self-reading for the students in the Departmental library
- Seamless learning with self-directed lectures
- Santosh encompasses integrated teaching methodology through a structured teaching program
- Trained with preventive, primitive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of medical care
- Experience of an aesthetic environment for your overall development and growth