Read also about courses offered by the Microbiology Department
Major activities of the department are centered on teaching, diagnostics and research.
Department caters to following courses :
Ph.D. Medical Microbiology
MSc. Medical Microbiology
Medical laboratory technology
B.Sc CLINICAL NUTRITION
The main thrust areas for research in the department are:
The research is conducted on patient’s samples after due consent from patients, relatives and IEC.
The focus of Department on
- Continuous progress in the field of patient care and diagnostics
- Provide state of art diagnostic facilities, especially to the deprived sections of our society,
- Reduce the turnaround time and keep a vigilant eye on the antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of the bacterial and fungal pathogens
- The laboratory is fast growing with a scope of automation and incorporation of the most advanced rapid diagnostic techniques.
- Training and Surveillance of Hospital associated infections along with Anti-microbial stewardship
- Biomedical Waste Management programs and training conducted regularly.
|1||DR. ASHUTOSH RAWAT||PROFESSOR & HOD|
|2||DR. GEETA GUPTA||PROFESSOR|
|3||DR. DAKSHINA BISHT||PROFESSOR|
|4||DR. RITU JAIN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|5||DR. ANKITA GUPTA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|6||DR. ANUJA GUPTA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|7||DR. YASHA MUKIM||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
- Diagnostic Laboratory,
- UG Lab,
- Research Laboratory,
- Seminar Room,
- Demonstration Room equipped with Audiovisual Aids
- More than 70 publications indexed in high-impact journals during the last 5 years.
Achievements by the faculty:
- Rising Teacher Star Award.
- Global Teacher Award
- Paper Setter and External Examiners for UG and PG of various Universities
- IQAC and NAAC Coordinator for the University.
- Resource/ Trained faculty in Medical Education Technologies
- Resource person for BMW Management Training of HCW working for Delhi Government
- Assessor for NABH, Niti Ayog Project Review and Validation for District Hospitals, ECHS
- Members of different Sub Committees of Santosh University.
1. World AIDS Day
2. World TB Day
3. World Handwashing Day
4. World Malaria Day
5. World Hepatitis Day
6. World Poilo Day