EXPERIENCE: More than 17 years
More than 17 years of Teaching experience with dynamic administrative skills as Head of department; good leadership skills; ability to work in diverse work cultures; keen interest in upgradation of medical education and research (including revival of research work on animal experiments and establishment & licensing of Institutional Animal House); innovations in research including both conventional as well as newest research methodology; develop undergraduate as well as postgraduate medical education above mark; active participation in Pharmacovigilance programmes as a responsibility to contribute rational prescribing to society
KEY ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
Professor and Head of the Department, SGRRIM&HS, Dehradun
- Plan, prepare , monitor and review UG and PG teaching and research activities Established the MCI approved Pharmacology department from the scratch for UG and PG teaching and research activities ,including coordination and compliance for all MCI inspections since 2010
Established the PG research and experimental Laboratory and also Clinical Pharmacology research laboratory ( 2014)
- Conceptualized , advocated with management and established a 100 seat laboratory of Computer Assisted learning for UG and PG study and powered by ELSEVER softwareThis may the unique laboratory in the northern India medical collegesAll laboratories have been established with required Standard Operative Procedures (SOPs)
- Coordinated and facilitated establishment of Govt of India,PvPI cell for Pharmacovigilance since 2011 and has been a recognized AMC since 2014 and as on date reported 1132 adverse drug reactions (ADRs) with due approval of causality assessment committee(CAC) of the institution.
- Acting as chairman of Adverse Drug Monitoring center since March 2011.
- Established Animal house with breeding facility as per PPCSEA guidelines and with valid license since Jan 2015
- Conducted six MCI inspection since 2011, four of which are for MBBS (2011, 2014, 2015 and 16) and two are for MD (2011 and 2014) courses, in addition to 5 inspection by Garhwal and Uttarakhand Technical University.
- More than 8 batches with students more than 1000 completed MCI approved MBBS course from our Institute
- Guided ten MD students, nine of which completed MD and one is presently continuing MD. Out of the ten students,seven as guide and three as co guide.
- Collaborated with clinical departments like Internal Medicine ,OpthalmoIogy,Surgery
,Dermatology and Psychiatry for research and studies .As on today 16 Ph-4 clinical trials are completed
- Completed three animal experiment and one experiment is going on as part of MD thesis work.
- Under my guidance,Pharmacology Department has published more than 9 - 31.03..2005 Assistant Professor, HIMS, Dehradun
- Research and UG teaching
- Facilitate MCI inspection work
- Prepare PG curriculum for the institute
- Establishment of UG and PG lab
- Presented 42 seminars in the journal club of the Department
Lecturer,Department of Pharmacology,MGD College and Hospital,Pondicherry
- Pharmacology teaching and research work for BDS and MDS student
- Curriculum development and DCI inspection facilitation
Senior resident,Department Pharmacology,JIPMER, Pondicherry
- Teaching , Research , Training of UG and PG students
- Support HOD in the sleep laboratory research work
- Worked in the HPCL lab for analysis of various samples
Junior Resident, Department of ENT, Ispat General Hospital, SAIL, Rourkela
- Clinical and research work
Lady Medical Officer, Primary Health Center, Lephripara, Sundargarh, Govt of Orissa
- Clinical and administrative work
- October 1992 - January 1993 Worked as resident Medical officer in Shanti Memorial Hospital.Maternity centre, RourkeIa,Orissa
PRESENTED RESEARCH ARTICLE :
- Evaluation of Ace Inhibitors with or without Statins in the Treatment of Essential Hypertension in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital at Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2016;5(10):2036-2040.
- Kaul V, Dutta SB, Beg MA, Bawa S, Singh NK, Dutta S, Anjoom M. Comparative Evaluation of Effect of Olanzapine and Quetiapine on Body Weight and Body Mass Index (BMI) in Psychotic Patients at a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital in Nepal. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2016;5(9):1911-1915.
- Bhardwaj R, Bhardwaj P, Dutta S, Kaul RK. Cost — Effectiveness of Antipsychotic Medications: Comparative evaluation of conventional versus newer agents in treatment of stable schizophrenic patients. Indian J Appl Res. 2O16;6(2):150-154
- Kaul V, Dutta SB, Beg MA, Singh NK, Bawa S, Anjoom M, Dutta S. Comparative Evaluation of Amisulpride and Escitalopram on Sheehan’s Disability Scale Among Depression Patients in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital in Nepal. JDDT 2015;5(4):3- 8.
- Singh S, Dhasmana DC, Dutta S, Gupta V. Comparative Study of Hormonal and Non Hormonal Treatments for the Management of Menopausal Symptoms. JDDT. 2015;5(1):82-87
- Dutta SB, Beg MA, Sindhu S, Mittal SK, Kumar Y, Bawa S. Preferred Drug Usage Among Patients Attending Ophthalmology Out-Patient Department for the Treatment of Dry Eye Syndrome in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital at Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2015;5(3):217-221.
- Sindhu S, Dutta SB, Beg MA, Mittal SK, Gupta SD. comparative Evaluation of Topical Carboxymethvlcellulose Either Alone or in combination with Topical Corticosteroid in the Treatment of Drv Eve in a Tertiary Care Teachin/i Hospital. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2015:5(3):207-211
- Kaul V, Dutta SB, Beg MA, Singh NK, Bawa S, Anjoom M, Dutta S. Comparative Evaluation of Amisulpride and Escitalopram on Hamilton Depression Rating Scale Among Depression Patients in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital in Nepal. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2015;4(5):642-646.
- Dutta SB, Kaul V, Beg MA, Sindhu S, Singh NK, Dutta S, Bawa S, Anjoom M, Negi A. A Psychotropic Drug Utilization Study Among Depression Patients Attending Private Psychiatric Practitioners of Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2O15;4(5):634-638.
- Dutta SB, Beg MA, Bawa S, Anjoom M, Vishal S. Study on Drug Prescribing Pattern in Dengue Patients in a Tertiary Care Hospital — A tool to teach Clinical Pharmacology. JDDT 2015;5(2):73-76.
- Dutta SB, Kaul V, Beg MA, Singh NK, Dutta S, Bawa S, Anjoom M, Sindhu S, Negi A. A Comparative Drug Utilization Study of Depression Patients Between Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital and Private Practitioners of Dehradun City, Uttarakhand. JDDT 2015;5(2):45-49.
- Kaul V, Dutta SB, Beg MA, Bawa S, Anjoom M, Singh NK, Dutta S. Comparative Evaluation of Amisulpride and Escitalopram on Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale Among Evaluation of Olanzapine Versus Haloperidol on Depressive Symptoms using Montgomery Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS) in Stable Schizophrenic Patients. Indian J Appl Res 2014;4(3):425-428
- Beg MA, Dutta SB, Varma A, Kant R, Bawa S, Anjoom M, Sindhu S, Kumar S. Study on Drug Prescribing Pattern in Hypertensive Patients in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital at Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Int J Med Sci Public Health 2O14;3(8)922-926.
- Dutta S, Beg MA, Mittal S, Gupta M. Prescribing Pattern in Ophthalmological Outpatient Department of a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital in Dehradun, Uttarakhand: A Pharmaco-Epidemiological Study. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol. 2014;3(3):547-552.
- Bawa S, Dutta SB, Kumar H, Beg MA, Varma A, Sindhu S, Anjoom M. Comparative Evaluation of Angiotensin Receptor Blockers with or without Statins in the Treatment of Essential Hypertension in a Tertiary Health Care Setup. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2014;3(7):850-854.
- Kumar S, Dutta SB, Beg MA, Mehta AK, Anjoom M, Sindhu S. Drug Utilization Pattern in Acne Vulgaris in Skin Outpatients Department of a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital at Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2O14;3(7):855-858.
- Dutta SB, Beg MA. Clinical Case Follow Up Study: A Method of Teaching Clinical Pharmacology to the MBBS Students. RRJPTS. 2014;2(2):40-44.
- Dutta SB, Beg MA, Vijay K, Dutta S, Dhasmana DC. Psychotropic Drug Utilization Study in Psychiatric OPD of a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. JARBS. 2O13;5(4):386-91.
- Bhardwaj R, DK Katiyar, P Bhardwaj. Dutta S, Kaul RK. Efficacy and Safety Evaluation Among Newer Atypical Antipsychotics : Olanzapine and Risperidone in Stable Schizophrenic Patients. The Indian Journal of Bio Research. 2012;81(4):75-88
- Bhardwaj R, Bhardwaj P, Dutta S, Kaul RK, Mishra KC. Comparative evaluation of Olanzapine versus Risperidone on Depressive symptoms using Montgomery Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS) in Stable Schizophrenic Patients. Indian Pract. 2O12;65(6):351-356
- Bhardwaj R, Bhardwaj P, Dutta S, Kaul RK, Mishra KC. Efficacy & Safety Evaluation among Conventional Antipsychotic Haloperidol with newer antipsychotic Olanzapine in Stable Schizophrenic Patients. Indian Pract. 2O12;65(7):401-407.
- Dutta SB, Dutta S. A comparative drug utilization study of dental practitioners in Pondicherry. The Indian Practitioner. 2008;61(6):363-366
- Dutta S, Dhasmana DC, Kaul RK. A rare presentation of Risperidone associated raised Blood Pressure. The Indian Practitioner. 2007;6O(5):317-319
- Dutta S, Sharma T, Dhasmana DC. An Upcoming Drug for Treatment of Dyslipidaemia: Torcetrapib. The Indian Practitioner. 2007;60(2):95-96
- Taruna S, Dutta S. Cilostazol: A review on recent drug use in claudication symptoms. The Indian Practitioner. 2006;59(3):173-174