Prosthodontics is a vast speciality which focusses on diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and maintenance of oral function with dental prosthesis. In today’s world, this speciality is widely recognized as it involves oral surgical procedures to implant the prosthesis. The implantation requires surgical skills and knowledge. Our Department of Prosthodontics offers MDS in Prosthodontics in Delhi NCR which is a comprehensive postgraduate program to excel in the domain. We are one of the Best MDS Prosthodontics college in Delhi NCR and provide a fruitful environment for our students to develop and excel in prosthodontics. We achieve this by offering state-of-the-art technology, highly experienced teaching staff, and excellent infrastructure for overall development of students.
INSIGHT INTO THE DEPARTMENT
1. Excellent exposure of clinical material with focus on special cases. Very well placed Alumni
2. Best platform to achieve national and international recognition. Focus on Research with abundant publications.
3. Emphasis on student and faculty- scientiﬁc enrichment, extension and progression.
4. Recognition by UNESCO chair in Bioethics HAIFA as National Dental Bioethics Unit at Santosh Dental College and Hospital, Santosh Deemed to be University
5. Cohesive and Progressive Department
3. Integrated PhD
4. Dental Mechanics course
5. Fellowship in Implantology
6. Value added courses -Porecelain veneers
1. World class Infrastructure
2. Regular CDE’s and workshops
3. Research and Innovation,
4. Excellent exposure to a variety of clinical cases.
5. High standard of dental care.
6. State of the art fully equipped Implant OT with 5 different implant systems.
7. Maxillofacial clinic in conjunction with Santosh Medical college and Hospital.
1. Complete Dentures
2. Implant Prosthodontics
3. Removable Partial Dentures
4. Maxillofacial Prosthesis
5. Fixed Partial Dentures
6. Individual chambers for post graduate
7. A fully equipped Department Library with all the latest books and journals.
1. Best Scientific Poster award at 24 IPS PG convention 2022 Topic – The tip of research pyramid; A Systematic Review.
2. PGs apply for extramural grants every year.
1. Dr. Abu Nazar is running his own CAD CAM Lab in Delhi “Dentworld”.
2. Dr. Ritu Sharma has joined as Reader at
It's Dental College
1. Dr Shria Dhaon is studied at Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC.
2. Dr. Deepti Raghav is Professor in Bankey Bihari Dental college.
3. Dr. Bhaskar Aggarwal is Working in KGMC, Lucknow.
3. Poster presentations Topic Assignments Projects
PRACTICAL TEACHING METHODOLOGY:
1. Demonstrations on Study Models and Patients
2. Patient exercises (Removable Prosthodontics - Complete dentures & Partial Dentures)
3. Case presentations Aassignments Projects
5. Journal clubs
6. Assessment of teaching skills.
7. Clinical Exposure to a variety of cases including IMPLANTOLOGY AND MAXILLOFACIAL
CLINICAL TEACHING METHODOLOGY:
1. Excellent clinical exposure
2. Case presentations
3. Case discussions including progress and modiﬁcations. Clinical demonstration
RESEARCH TEACHING METHODOLOGY:
2. Library dissertations Intra-mural projects
3. Good research lab environment
4. Extramural Projects
TYPES OF TREATMENTS OFFERED TO PATIENTS AND LEARNT BY POST GRADUATES
1. Complete Dentures.
2. Removable Partials Denture.
3. Flexible Dentures.
4. Fixed Partial Dentures.
5. Cast Partial Dentures.
6. Precision Attachments.
7. Aesthetic correction and Smile Design.
8. Laminates and veneers
9. Maxillofacial Prosthodontics.
10. Extraction socket regenerations
11. Implant Dentistry.
12. Full mouth Rehabilitations.
13. Full mouth Implants.
14. All on 4 prosthesis
Recognition and achievements of faculty
Dr. Akshay Bhargava
Dr. Puja Malhotra
Exams) In Various National Universities.
Dr. Rajiv Kumar Gupta
Prosthodontics requires skills and training which is imparted excellently at Santosh Deemed to be University - Best medical & dental college in Delhi NCR. Our department ensures to create a seasoned prosthodontist with hands-on training from a brilliant team. Our advanced facilities and infrastructure add up to the learning process to develop you into an excellent prosthodontist. Join us today and begin your journey with the leaders in dentistry.