What is Community Medicine?
Community Medicine deals with healthcare issues that affect communities as a whole. It is a branch which deals with the study of health and disease in a population or a defined community, with the goals to identify health problems and needs of that community, to plan and implement measures to improve their health and to evaluate the extent of effectiveness of these measures.
Employment opportunities after completing MD Community Medicine:
- Health managers at different health setups – Government as well as Private (Medical Officer in charge of PHC, CHC, etc)
- Program managers as well as Surveillance, Monitoring & Evaluation experts under different national health programs run by the government of India.
- Consultants in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Surveillance Medical Officers, Consultants in various International Organizations like WHO, UNICEF, CARE, etc
- Public health specialists in the National Centre for Disease Control
- Research scientists in various government bodies and NGOs
- Practice as Family Health practitioners, Nutritional consultant & lifestyle expert & Counsellor
- Immunization clinics.
- An academic career as faculty in different medical and allied health sciences
- As an Epidemiologist in various government and non-government bodies
- As members of the Central Health Education Bureau.
Community Medicine from Santosh
Santosh deemed to be University offers MD & Ph.D. courses in Community Medicine. MD course duration is for 3 years & annually 2 recognized seats are offered & 5 seats in Ph.D. as well
What does the Student learn during the course?
The course curriculum is designed to train the student in-
- Diagnosis and management of common diseases in the community,
- Making a community diagnosis,
- Planning preventive, promotive and curative services for the community,
- Provide solutions to the problems related to health, environment, and sanitation in the population,
- Undergo research and analysis, to identify upcoming health-related issues and
- Health program planning and evaluation
- Communication skills to become a good manager
- Outbreak investigations
- Identify and manage the health needs of certain special groups like mother and child, adolescents, and the geriatric population.
Why choose Santosh Medical College?
The advantages of choosing Santosh Medical College are:
- Central in location, well connected with metro, rail, air, and road
- Oldest private Medical College in NCR
- Renowned faculty
- Recognized seats
- The congenial atmosphere for students
- PG curriculum followed rigorously
- Lots of extra-curricular activities to break the monotony
- Well stacked library
- Easy access to PG accommodations even outside the campus
Santosh aims at preparing medical students to function as a community and primary care physicians who are specialists equipped with adequate knowledge, requisite skills, and appropriate behavioral attributes, which are very important for efficient health planning, management, education, and research.