MD IN PHARMACOLOGY FROM SANTOSH DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY
The Department of Pharmacology at Santosh Medical College is involved in teaching Pharmacology to undergraduate MBBS students (3rd to 5th semester), PG a d doctoral scholars. The postgraduate program was started in 2008 and the doctoral program was introduced in 2013. The department has recognized the pharmacovigilance center by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in collaboration with ALT National Pharmacovigilance center since 2008.
Various research projects – clinical and experimental – are carried out in the department. The department has veteran experienced faculty who are involved in guiding undergraduates, postgraduates and doctoral candidates. Students (undergraduate and postgraduates). Faculty have presented papers and posters in the conference and published a large number of papers in indexed generals. Faculty members are resource persons for workshop/CME and pharmacovigilance awareness programs. The department educates the public about the use and misuse of drugs.
Some of the highlights of the department are:
- Experimental pharmacology laboratory has been converted to Computer Assisted Learning Lab (CAL Lab) – all experiments are now computer-simulated since 2019
- Medical Audit – helps students to have proper knowledge about writing a prescription, having proper knowledge about the rationality of prescribing a given drug or a combination since 2011.
- Pharmacy duty of Postgraduates – to ensure proper and correct dispensing of drugs that sound alike and look alike since 2011.
- The department has the finest structure with sophisticated and well-equipped laboratories.
- The department has hands-on Training in experimental pharma
- Rich experience provided to research scholars.
Eligibility criteria for MD in Pharmacology
- The Candidate must have passed M.B.B.S from a reputed university/Institute approved by the Medical Council of India and obtained a minimum of 55% Marks in it.
- They must also qualify the NEET Qualifier PG Entrance Exam for admission in the College
Employment Areas for MD Pharmacology
- Drug Safety Physician
- Medical Advisor- Medico marketing
- Academic faculty
- Clinical pharmacologist
- Research scientist (CRO)
- Manager- Medical affairs
- Direct marketing manager
- Research associate/
- Research Assistant in R&D, industrial projects or government of India organization
- Medical/scientific writer
- Recruitment in reputed pharmaceutical companies
- Medical Reviewer
- Regularity Affairs Officers
- Pharmacovigilance auditor/career
Why choose Santosh?
Santosh is synonymous with excellence in higher education and healthcare. It provides excellent facilities and pedagogy which are being reviewed and upgraded constantly.
- One of the top institutions in India for the study of Medicine
- Runs on a triple mission of service, education, and research
- The environment of learning and discovery apart from your degree
- Atmosphere to carry out research in health sciences as well as extensive healthcare
- World-class faculty from reputed institutions in Delhi and have Advanced educational experience.
- Self-reading for the students in the Departmental library
- Seamless learning with self-directed lectures.