What is MD in Microbiology?
Doctor of Medicine in Microbiology is a postgraduate Microbiology Course where one acquires the knowledge of sub-specialties in Bacteriology including Mycobacteriology, Virology, Parasitology, Immunology, Serology, Mycology, Applied Microbiology and recent advances in Medical Microbiology. This helps them deal with the nature of infecting organisms, the pathogenesis of infectious agents, diagnostics and the treatment of infectious diseases in the community.
Eligibility Criteria for MD in Microbiology
- The Candidate must have passed M.B.B.S from a reputed university/Institute approved by the Medical Council of India and obtained a minimum of 55% Marks in it.
- They must also qualify the NEET Qualifier PG Entrance Exam for admission in the College Duration of the course is three years of MD Microbiology college in Delhi NCR, and it is an important career-oriented course that opens many scopes for the candidate after its successful completion which includes
- Senior Residency in Clinical Microbiology in various Government Hospitals across the Country
- Faculty in various Teaching Hospitals across the Country
- Hospital Infection Control Officer (HICO) at Corporate Hospitals
- Consultant Microbiologist at Corporate Hospitals
- Researcher at ICMR Affiliated Institutions in India and world-class institutions abroad.
- DM Infectious Disease.
- 1 Year PDCC Course in Advanced Diagnostic and Clinical Microbiology
- 1 Year PDCC Course in Hepato-Virology
- 2 Year Post Doctoral Fellowship Course in Hospital Infection Control (HIC) which includes extensive training on various aspects of Hospital Infection Control, Antimicrobial Stewardship and Clinical Microbiology (CLSI/ Eucast based) with rigorous clinical rounds.
Other Career Prospects of MD in Microbiology
- Opportunity to work in Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pursue Research and also do a Ph.D. for research and development positions
- Microbiology based industries like Pharmacy, Dairy, Breweries, Distilleries
- Research writing, edit scientific news articles, Professional publications
Employment Areas after M.D in Microbiology
- Medical College
- Healthcare Organizations
- Research Institutes
Why Choose Santosh?
- One of the top institutions in India for the study of Medicine
- Runs on a triple mission of service, education, and research
- The environment of learning and discovery apart from your degree
- Atmosphere to carry out research in health sciences as well as extensive healthcare
- World-class faculty from reputed institutions in Delhi, Advanced educational experience with guest lectures.
- Self-reading for the students in the Departmental library
- Seamless learning with self-directed lectures
- Santosh encompasses integrated teaching methodology through a structured teaching program
- Trained with preventive, primitive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of medical care
- Experience of an aesthetic environment for your overall development and growth