MD IN BIOCHEMISTRY FROM SANTOSH DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY
The application of chemistry for studying biological processes at the molecular and cellular levels is called biochemistry. It is a 3-year post-graduation course in which the subjects like Medical Biochemistry, Recent Advances in Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Metabolism and Genetics, Molecular Basis of Human Diseases, General Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Cell, and Biophysics, Biostatistics, Metabolism, and Nutrition are studied. Training is provided in the basic instrumentation and procedures pertaining to biochemistry which is needed to be practiced in community and at all levels of the health care systems.
Future Scope of MD in Biochemistry
- This degree is beneficial for the purpose of identifying, addressing and solving the biomedical problems at molecular levels and pursuing a Ph.D.
- Faculty position in medical colleges/universities globally.
- After the completion of the course, job opportunities are available with medical laboratory professionals, and healthcare consumer organizations in order to set guidelines and standards for testing in the medical laboratories.
- A chance to improve the patient’s medical care and treatment, ensuring the safety and quality of national and international medical laboratories.
- Students can do quality and molecular research for their thesis and publications.
Employment Areas after M.D Biochemistry
- Medical Research
- Medical Laboratories
- R & D Wing of Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotechnology Firms
- Colleges/ Universities
- Food Institutes
Job Opportunities after MD in Biochemistry
- Research Scientist – Analytical Biochemistry
- Faculty Biochemistry
- Tutor/ Demonstrator – Biochemistry
- Molecular Bio-technologist
- Junior Resident – Biochemistry
Why Choose Santosh?
- One of the premium medical institution in NCR-Delhi,
- Has been running on a triple mission of service, education, and research.
- A robust environment of learning and discovery.
- Students will get enriched teaching experience with world-class faculty from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS), and Lady Hardinge Medical College, etc.
- The departmental library is well equipped with the latest books & journals of National & International repute.
- An integrated teaching methodology is introduced through a structured teaching program
- Preventive, primitive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of medical care will be taught to the students.
- The aesthetic environment will be provided for overall development and growth.
- In order to make the students perform quality and molecular research for their thesis and publications, Department organizes periodical workshops in association with reputed Government Institutions.