- Improving patient diagnosis and management.
- Promoting research and new ideas.
To provide outstanding clinical care through expertise in medical imaging and interpretation, through innovation and advances in imaging research, and through excellence in teaching and mentoring.
Objectives of the course:
- Independently conduct and interpret all routine and special radiological and imaging investigations.
- Provide radiological services in acute emergency and trauma including its medico legal aspects.
- Elicit indications, diagnostic features and limitation of application of ultrasonography, CT and MRI and should be able to describe proper cost effective algorithm of various imaging techniques in a given problem setting. Perform (under supervision) basic image guided interventional procedures for diagnosis and therapeutic management.
- Formulate basic research protocols and carry out research in the field of radiology related clinical problems.
- Undertake further specialization in any of the above mentioned branches in Radio-diagnosis such as gastrointestinal radiology, Uro- radiology, Neuroradiology, Vascular radiology, musculoskeletal radiology, Interventional radiology etc.
- To interact with other specialists and super-specialists so that maximum benefit to the patient accrues.
- Work as a Senior Resident/consultant in Radio diagnosis and conduct the teaching programme for undergraduates, postgraduates as well as paramedical and technical personnel.
- Organize CME in the speciality utilizing modern methods of teaching and evaluation.