MDS IN ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL PATHOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY
MDS in Oral and maxillofacial pathology and microbiology from Santosh Deemed to be University
MDS in Oral and maxillofacial pathology and microbiology deals with nature, characteristics, cause, effects, and diagnosis of diseases that affect the oral and maxillofacial regions. The specialty of Dentistry that performs a histopathological evaluation of specimens relating to oral and perioral tissues and carries out diagnostic procedures including hematological, cytological and microbiological investigations is what is called as Oral Pathology and Microbiology. Adequate knowledge on the structures, development, and functions of the teeth, supporting tissues and jaws in the orofacial region and adequate knowledge of anomalies, lesions, and diseases affecting the orofacial region and the importance of etiology and pathogenesis in oral disease is provided by the department to the undergraduates.
Postgraduates are trained so as to ensure higher competence in both general and special pathology dealing with the nature of oral diseases, their causes, processes, and effects.
Scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and Microbiology
The fast increasing rates of oral cancer and manifestations of other systemic diseases to the oral and maxillofacial region require oral pathologist and can be definitely benefitted by the nurturing in the field of Oral Pathology.
As per the Dental Council of India (DCI), oral pathology and microbiology are one of the recognized branches under dentistry. Therefore, oral pathology is in turn, related to medicine as itis not only a branch of dentistry but also of pathology like other branches of pathology including neuropathology, neuropathology, hematopathology, pediatric pathology, dermatopathology, and sociopathology, etc. Oral pathology is also a recognized branch of pathology, which has already been acknowledged by the Royal College of Pathologists of the United Kingdom.
- The department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology deals with the confirmatory diagnosis for the biopsy specimen which is been sent to the department.
- Routinely Blood investigations and blood grouping are done like HB%, BT, CT, ESR, TC, DC.
- Exfoliative Cytology and Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology are carried out on a routine basis.
- Our department enables to check the clinical presentation of the disease in the patient’s Oral Cavity and also helps us in withdrawing blood from patients as it is equipped with Dental Chairs with required attachments
- Our laboratory equipment is advanced that will enable us to perform through an examination of Blood and Saliva etc.
- We have advanced equipment for processing of biopsy specimen and Research Microscope which will aid in diagnosis.
Job types after MDS in Oral pathology and microbiology
Oral pathologists can be employed as:
- A Consultant
- Laboratory administrator
- Quality manager in diagnostic laboratories
- Oncohistopathologist in cancer hospitals and oral cancer centers
- Consultant in dermatology
- Editor/project in‑charge in journal or book publishing industry
Why Choose Santosh?
- One of the top institutions in India for Medicines Study.
- Has been running on a triple mission of service, education, and research.
- An environment of learning and discovery will be offered apart from your degree.
- An atmosphere will be provided for researching health sciences along with the extensive healthcare.
- Students will get amazing teaching experience with world-class faculty from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS), and Lady Hardinge Medical College.
- You will be experiencing advanced education with guest lectures.
- A separate room for self-reading for the students in the library is also provided.
- Santosh’s lecture theaters will give you a seamless learning experience.
- You will experience an integrated teaching methodology through a structured teaching program at Santosh.
- Preventive, primitive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of medical care will be taught to the students.
- The aesthetic environment will be provided for your overall development and growth.
Tags: Dental Council of India, MD in Microbiology, MD in pathology, MDS in Oral and maxillofacial