Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
The speciality of Oral & maxillofacial surgery involves the treatment of various disorders of the mouth, face, and jaws. Great opportunities and practical challenges are confronted within the realms of this speciality.
Postgraduate training curriculum provides dental graduates a platform to further nurture their clinical acumen and enhance surgical knowledge so as to address a wide spectrum of disorders of the Maxillofacial region.
The strong overlap of this speciality with the other medial branches such as ENT and plastic surgery acts to bridge the gap between dentistry and medicine.
Why join Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery At Santosh Dental College;
- The atmosphere at Santosh dental college facilitates learning to both graduates and postgraduate students with a mission to impart quality education with sound knowledge, surgical skills, and moral values
- The institute provides facilities for both inpatient and outpatient care with a fully functional hospital with ultramodern facilities including state of art operation theatres and ICU’s
- With the existing medical college and hospital, there is an optimum exposure to the diverse surgical procedures in the field of Oral & Maxillofacial surgery encompassing minor procedures (Exodontia, impactions, pre-prosthetic procedures), Maxillofacial trauma, diverse pathologies, cleft procedures, TMJ Surgeries, Head & Neck Infections, and Orthognathic surgeries.
- Apart from the above, there is also sufficient exposure with relevant postings in pertinent medical specialities which contribute to the overall development of the postgraduate’s knowledge and skills
- The infrastructure at Santosh Dental College also boasts of dedicated PG clinics with individual equipped chambers for each student, a separate emergency section, dedicated seminar room with overhead projectors, modern surgical equipment’s and instrumentation
Various opportunities after Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellowship programs in diverse sub-specialties like Clefts/ Trauma/ Orthognathic Surgeries and Head Neck Oncology
- Associate consultants in Maxillofacial Surgery in various corporate hospitals
- Job opportunities in various private and government dental colleges academic interests