MBBS, MD (Gen. Medicine)
- As Head of Department in Department of Medicine at Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad
- Worked as Senior Resident in Department of Medicine at UCMS & GTB Hospital, Delhi
- Postgraduate Resident in Department of Medicine Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal
- More than 14 years of teaching experience in esteemed teaching Institutes including Residency tenure.
- Active involvement in teaching & training of undergraduates and postgraduate during their posting & conducting their examination.
- Participated regularly in Departmental, CME`s, seminars, and symposia.
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine, Indian Association of Clinical Medicine in 2016
- Young Clinician Award, Santosh Deemed to be University in 2016
- Clinical Excellence Award, East Delhi Physicians Association in 2015 & 2018
- Fellow Indian College of Physicians, Association of Physicians of India (API), in 2019
- Jhamb R, Kashyap B, Ranga GS, Kumar A. Dengue fever presenting as acute liver failure--a case report. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2011 Apr; 4(4):323-4. doi: 10.1016/S1995-7645(11)60095-3. Epub 2011 May 29.
- Jhamb R, Kumar A. Iron deficiency anemia presenting as pancytopenia in an adolescent girl. Int J Adolesc Med Health. 2011; 23(1):73-4.
- Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Venu Margekar, Ashok Kumar. Solitary Cysticercus Granuloma A: redisappearing CT Lesion. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Vol. 22, No. 11, April 2012.
- Jhamb R, Kumar A, Ranga G, Bineeta K. Infratentorial subdural empyema following pyogenic meningitis in an adult: A case report. J Clin Pathol Forensic Med. 2011;
- Jhamb R, Kumar A, Ranga GS, Rathi N. Unusual manifestations in dengue outbreak 2009, Delhi. India. J Commun Dis. 2010 Dec; 42(4):255-61.
- A. Sharma, A. Kumar, S. Uppal. Vaccination- A Relevant Preventive Tool. Indian Journal of Geriatric Care. January-April 2012 Vol. No. 1; 16-17.
- Ashok Kumar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Ashish Sharma. An Unforeseen Aspect of Dengue in Elderly –A Review. In Journal of Indian Academy of Geriatrics, 2013; 9:122-126 1)
- Ashok Kumar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar. Neurological Manifestations in dengue. Indian Journal of medical specialties, 7 (2016) 152-154.
- A Kumar, SL Margekar, V Margekar, Mirizzi syndrome, an uncommon complication of cholelithiasis, Santosh University Journal of Health Sciences, Innovative Publication 3 (2), 2017, 88-90
- Kumar A Margekar S Margekar P Margekar V Recent advances in management of organophosphate and carbamate poisoning. Indian Journal of Medical Specialities 2018 vol: 9 (3) pp: 154-159
- Ashish Kumar Shukla, Sagar Tomar, Ashok Kumar, P.K Gupta. Sonological Markers for Assessment of Dengue Fever with Serological Correlation. AJMRR. 2020 Jan.8 [cited2020Jun.19];7(2):133-7. Available from: https://aijournals.com/index.php/ajmrr/article/view/1270
- Ashok Kumar1, Ashish Kumar Shukla2, Ankush Tyagi. Study of Gallbladder contractile function by Ultrasonography in patients of type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and it's correlation with HbA1c and Diabetic Neuropathy. Annals of International Medical and Dental Research, Vol (6), Issue (1)
- Ashok Kumar, Urvashi Khan, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Ashish Kumar Shukla, & Siva Prakash. (2020). Pulmonary Function Test in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus & Its Correlation with Anthropometry and Glycemic Control. Asian Journal of Medical Research,9(1),ME01- ME05.Retrieved from https://aijournals.com/index.php/ajmr/article/view/1382
- Ashok Kumar, Abhishek Rathore, Anupam Kumar Singh. Study of Carotid Intima Media Thickness (CIMT) In Type 2 Diabetes Mellitusand Its Correlation with Glycaemic Control and Inflammatory Marker HsCRP. Int J Med Res Prof.2020 Jan; 6(1); 81-86.
BOOK, CHAPTERS & MONOGRAMS:
- Ashok Kumar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Rajshree Singh, Nitin Sharma “Newer Antibiotics” in UPAPICON Chapter 20, Medicine update 2015
- Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Ashok Kumar, Rajshree Singh, “Coronary Artery Disease in Women” in UPAPICON, Chapter 24, Medicine update 2015
- Ashok Kumar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar. Approach to jaundice. Monograph on common presentation. National heart institute. August 2016.56-61.
- Ashok Kumar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Venugopal Margekar, “Arboviral infections: Is vaccination is possible solution” Ch. 89, Medicaine Update, API, 2018.
STATE JOURNAL ARTICLES:
- Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Ashok Kumar. Immunotherapy for type 1 Diabetes mellitus.DIABCON 2016 Souvenier. 14-16.
- Ashok Kumar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Rajshree Singh, Ankush Tyagi. Balanced micronutrients can help in managing diabetes. DDF journal .April-june issue 2016. 19-22.
- Ashok Kumar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar. Prevention of diabetic nephropathy.DDF journal. Oct-dec issue 2015. 17-19.
- Ashok Kumar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Venugopal Margekar, Chitrasen Srivastava. Diabetic cardiomyopathy. DDF journal. vol 26.july –sept issue 2017.155 .
- Purnima Margekar, Venugopal Margekar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Ashok Kumar, Type 2 Diabetes mellitus in children. DDF journal .vol 26 .july –sept issue 2017.146.
- Ashok Kumar, Venugopal Margekar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Purnima Margekar. Newer insulins . DDF journal .vol 25 .jan -mar issue 2017.
- Venugopal Margekar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Ashok Kumar, Purnima Margekar. Obesity and type 2 Diabetes mellitus- what’s the association? DDF journal .vol 25 .jan - mar issue 2017.45.
- Ashok Kumar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Rajshree Singh, Ankush Tyagi. Dermatological manifestations of diabetes. DDF journal .vol 25 .jan -mar issue 2017.62
- Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Ashok Kumar. Infection and diabetes. DDF journal .vol 25jan -mar issue 2017.
- Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Venugopal Margekar, Ashok Kumar, Purnima Margekar, Abhishek Rathore. Rheumatological Manifestations in DM.jan-mar,apr-june 2018.56
- Ashok Kumar, Aditya Sharma, Venugopal Margekar, Shubha Laxmi Margekar, Purnima Margekar Thyroid Dysfunction in Diabetes Mellitus. jan-mar,apr-june 2018.60
As Post Graduate
• Thesis: Clinical Study for Etiological Diagnosis of Renal Diseases by Routine Urinalysis and Renal Ultrasonography (2007)
• Thesis: To study effects of Basal Insulin Analogue (Glargine) on poorly controlled type 2 diabetic patients (2013)
• Thesis: A Case Control Study of Serum Uric Acid in Metabolic Syndrome (2011-2014)
• Thesis: To study the prevalence of microalbuminuria among essential hypertensives and its response to ACE inhibitors- An observational study (2012-2015 ).
• Serum Vitamin D3 levels in patients with Diabetes Mellitus type 2. (2013-2016)
• Ultrasonographic evaluation of gall bladder contractile function in type two Diabetes Mellitus and its correlation with HbA1C & diabetic neuropathy. (2014-2017)
• Study of endothelial dysfunction in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients by flow mediated dilatation of brachial artery. (2015-2018)
• Study of Prevalence of Vitamin D Status in General Population. (2015-2018)
• Study of Carotid Intima Media Thickness (CIMT) in type 2 diabetes mellitus and its correlation with glycaemic control and inflammatory marker hsCrp in tertiary care centre of
north India. (2016-2019 Ongoing)
• To Study of Lipid Profile In Patients of Type II Diabetes Mellitus With and Without Hypothyroidism (2017-2020 Ongoing)
• To study age and gender related difference in glycemic control , cardiovascular disease , risk factors and endothelial dysfunction in patient with Type 2 DM in tertiary care centre (2018-21)
• Study of pulmonary function test in Type 2 DM and its correlation with highly sensitivity CReactive Protein (HsCRP)and Cardiovascular risk (2018-21)
• Study of insulin resistance in T2 DM and its correlation with lipid profile, glycemic control and cardio metabolic risk factors. (2019-22)
• To study the role of magnesium in type 2 DM and its correlation with Glycemic control and anthropometric measures. (2019-22)