- Our vision is to make the department of Radiology "A center of Excellence" fully
- Equipped with all advanced imaging equipment and to provide state-of-the-art
- Diagnostic and interventional radiology services to serve the patients and prepare
- Skilled Manpower.
- To be one of the Premier Academic Radiology Programmes in India.
- Recognized internationally as a world-class radiology department.
To provide outstanding clinical care through expertise in medical imaging and interpretation, through innovation and advances in imaging research, and through excellence in teaching and mentoring.
The Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Santosh University offers diagnostic services through a wide array of imaging modalities, performs academic activities through publications, presentations, conducts research-based studies, executes projects, organizes conferences/ workshops for education and also involves inpatient care activities, maintains in-patient and out-patient facilities for interventional procedures and executes intensive care for the patients. This has been made possible by a dedicated team of Radiologists,Interventionists, technologists and allied health staff.
Read also about courses offered by Radiology Department:
Achieved Goals :
- M.D SEATS PERMITTED: 06, 2022-2023, ACADEMIC CALENDER
- Ph.D. course in Radiology /Radio diagnosis: 3
- Increased intake of 20 seats for MSc Medical Imaging Technology
- Increased intake of 80 seats BSc medical Imaging Technology
- Diploma X-ray Technician
- Fellowship programs and certificate courses in the Department.
a) Musculoskeletal Radiology-3
b) AERB Guidelines to Radiology Department and PCNDT Act: 05 Seats
c) Radiology Malpractices, law Suits and Medicolegal Aspects: 05 Seats
Thrust Areas :
|1||DR. ASHOK KUMAR SHARMA||PROFESSOR & HOD|
|2||DR. ASHISH KUMAR SHUKLA||PROFESSOR|
|3||DR. RAKESH GUJJAR||ASSOCATE PROFESSOR|
|4||DR. MODI BHOOMIBE N MUKESH BHAI||ASSOCATE PROFESSOR|
|5||DR. PARINITA SADHANIDAR||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|6||DR. SAYAL CHOUDHARY||SENIOR RESIDENT|
|7||DR. AJITKUMAR RAGHURAJ THAKUR||SENIOR RESIDENT|
|8||DR. VINAY H||SENIOR RESIDENT|
|9||DR. SHASHANK YADAV||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|10||DR. ANURAG LATHER||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|11||DR. KUREJA SONA ANIL||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|12||Dr. SANA KARIM (NRI)||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|13||Dr. SANJAY DHAKA||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|14||Dr. SITARA KHATOON||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|15||DR. SEHYR RAJPAL||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|16||DR. GAURAV KHURANA||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|17||DR. JAYANT SOLANKI||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|18||DR. SHIPRA CHAUDHARY||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|19||DR. SACHI MALL||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
|20||DR. CHAUDHARY RAJ SAURABH||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
Laboratory & Facilities Available:
1. 300mA static X-ray Machine: 2
2. 500mA static X-ray Machine: 2
3. 800mA static X-ray Machine: 1
4. 100 mA mobile X-ray Machine: 4
5. 60mA mobile X-ray Machine: 1
6. Fixed USG machines: 3 (including one in ICU)
7. C-ARM X-ray machine: 1 (Placed in OT)
8. 32 Slice CT scan Machine: 1
9. PACS System: 1 (In process of installation)
10. CR System: 1
11. 1.5 T MRI: 1
12. FLUOROSCOPY UNIT:1
Clinical Services Available:
A range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures are performed. A highly trained and professional radiology team performs and interprets these imaging tests.
CT scan machine: Computed Tomography (CT) is a method of body imaging in which a thin X-ray beam rotates around the patient. Small detectors interpret the X-rays that make it through the patient or a particular area of interest. A computer analyzes the data to construct a cross-sectional image. These images can be stored, viewed on a monitor, or printed on film. Siemens 32 slice scanner is installed which scans the patient in minimum time and with minimum radiation dose. The system is equipped with multi-projection volume reconstruction, 3D software- surface and volumetric renderings. The following CT studies
- Head. Noncontrast and contrast-enhanced scans are done. Also, perfusion studies are done to assess the flow in diseased and normal brain tissue.
- Multiphasic studies of liver
- Bones & joints
- Soft tissues
- Coronary Angiography
- Angiography –cerebral, thoracic & abdominal aorta, Renal, Carotid, upper and lower limb
- arteries, etc.
- Virtual bronchoscopy, colonoscopy, endoscopy, etc
- Thin 0.8 mm slices for the inner ear with excellent 3D reconstructions.
- 3D of bones and joints etc.
- CT Guided Biopsy of lung mass, liver mass, renal mass, bone tumors, and other lesions.
CR Radiography plus Fluoroscopy System: Real-time dynamic imaging using x-rays (for the purpose of procedural guidance) is referred to as “fluoroscopy”. User-friendly, high-performance, CR based x-ray system is available in the department capable of producing good-quality x-ray images with reasonable use of radiation dose. Such imaging techniques are commonly associated with contrast medium aided examinations of the gastrointestinal tract.
Following X-ray Special procedures are performed in the department:
- Barium Procedures like Ba Swallow, Ba Meal, Ba Meal FT and Ba Enema
Ultrasound and Color Doppler:
The department of radiology are equipped with following Ultrasound machines which contribute to the high level of confidence of the Radiologist for evaluation of the lesions and serve as excellent guiding tools for the various Diagnostic and Therapeutic procedures.
Ultrasound Machines in the Department of Radiology :
1. Voluson 6E
2. Siemens NX2
3. Siemens ACUSON-X 300 (Installed in ICU)
4. GE Logic 100 (portable)
These machines are used for diagnostic purposes to carry out various ultrasound
examinations of the abdomen, pelvis and small parts, as well as intracavitary (transrectal and transvaginal) examinations, antenatal scans, foetal doppler, and anomaly scans. The department has an advanced USG scanner with 3D and 4D applications. The tissue Harmonics helps for high resolution at depth. The 3D/4D Application further helps to understand better the relations of the lesion with organs in the vicinity. The Color Doppler scanners are extensively used to assess the vascularity of the tumors. The arterial and venous Doppler examinations are carried out for the evaluation of patients with associated peripheral Vascular Diseases and screening as well as diagnosis of the
Deep Venous Thrombosis.
The portable Ultrasound unit delivers the conveniences and versatility with its application in:
1. The ICU for Emergency Scanning of ICU patients
2. Bedside Drainage procedures like
– Pleural & Peritoneal Tapping
– Abscess Aspiration
– Indwelling Pigtail Drainage
3. Nerve Block
Magnetic Resonance Imaging :
MRI MACHINE: Magnetic resonance imaging, or MRI, is a non-invasive medical imaging test that produces detailed images of almost every internal structure in the human body, including the organs, bones, muscles and blood vessels. MRI scanners create images of the body using a large magnet and radio waves. No radiation is produced during an MRI exam, unlike X-rays. These images give your physician important information in diagnosing your medical condition and planning a course of treatment.
uMR -570 is designed with a short 150cm magnet, 70cm wide bore,48RF receiver channels, 550lbs. table weight capacity & 50x50x50 cm field of view. It achieves a new standard in magnet field homogeneity at 1.5 T to help ensure high resolution and image quality. High performance gradients, uCS 2.0 platform, advanced neurology, advanced cardiology, MSK coils and more are included.
The following MRI studies are performed.
1. Routine MRI examination
10 International and 20 National Journals are published:
- 3 US Diagnosis of Choleoochal Cyst Anocholeoochal Cyst in Association
- Role of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging Covid-19 Recovered
Patients: A Short-Term Follow-up.
- Comparative evaluation of MRCP and ERCP in cholangiocarcinoma and benign biliary stricture AOCR 2006 Hong Kong
- Comparative evaluation of T2, T2 Drive, MR Myelography in brachial plexus injuries AOCR 2006 Hong Kong
- MR Angiography findings in AV Malformations thenar eminence IJRI FEB 2006
8 th NOV WORLD RADIOLOGY DAY
AERB. (ATOMIC ENERGY REGULATORY BOARD)
UNDER PNDT ACT WITH LOCAL AUTHORITIES
MD RADIO-DIAGNOSIS BY NMC
PHD BY DEMEED TO BE UNIVERSITY
B.SC. BY ATAL BIHARI VAJPAYEE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
DIPLOMA BY UPSMF