WORLD BIOETHICS DAY
Santosh Deemed to be University (Ghaziabad) celebrated 6th World Bioethics Day on Tuesday, 19th October 2021. All the bioethics Units across the world (248 as of today) were invited to celebrate the ‘Common Program’ as part of their commitment to proliferate the awareness and practice of Bioethical principles The theme for this year’s celebration was ‘Informed Consent’
- The event was celebrated in virtual mode. Vice Chancellor of the University, Dr. Tripta Bhagat declared the event.
- Dean Research and Unit Head, Dr Jyoti Batra, presented a report on functioning& achievement of the Bioethics Unit. She also informed that the student wing of Bioethics Unitshall be inaugurated in the third week of November 2021.
- A lecture on “Challenges of Shared decision making for ICU patients in a pandemic” was delivered by the guest speaker Dr Arun k Mehra, Consultant Anesthetist, New Delhi.
- Impact of Covid-19 on Dentistry: Ethical Perspective was delivered by Dr. Rajiv Ahluwalia (Head,National Dental Bioethics Unit, Vice Dean – Santosh Dental College.
- Five winning entries towards the World Bioethics Day Competition on International level were presented by PG/UG students:
- Dr Deepali Singhal- Scientific Poster
- Dr Robin Malik short- Film/Video
- Dr Carrolene Langpoklakpam & Ramya J R - Artistic Poster
- Dr T. Priyanka- Photography
- Dr Anukriti Pathak– Poem
- There was a presentation by the students of medical and dental college: Mehak Agarwal & Arjit Bansal- Principles of Bioethics and its importance in Student’s Life Dr Anamika & Dr Anukriti Pathak – Human Dignity as a Bioethical Concept Dr. T Priyanka won the second prize in photography competition on behalf of Santosh Deemed to be University & Bioethics Unit. Around 40 participants attended the programme.