Forensic medicine is the application of medical knowledge and techniques to the investigation of legal cases. Forensic medicine also includes the examination of victims of assault, abuse, and torture to provide evidence for legal proceedings. Additionally, forensic medicine plays a role in the identification of remains, the assessment of injuries, and the interpretation of autopsy findings. Forensic medicine is an interdisciplinary field that involves collaboration between medical professionals, law enforcement officials, and attorneys.
- To gain excellence and integrity in Forensic Medicine by balancing the aspects of Teaching, Research and Medico Legal services.
- To develop department as a model center of excellence in providing medico-legal aid to community.
- To produce physicians of quality who are readily capable of providing medico-legal service to law & society without infringing upon medical ethics and principles.
- To extend and penetrate comprehensive medico-legal service to community through innovative programs.
Read also about courses offered by Forensic Medicine Department:
1. Training students in the methods and techniques used in forensic medicine, which includes understanding how injuries and deaths occur and how to conduct a thorough investigation.
2. Educating students in the legal system and how to navigate it, including understanding the role that forensic evidence plays in legal proceedings.
3. Providing students with the knowledge and skills necessary to examine crime scenes, collect evidence, and analyze it in a laboratory.
4. Preparing students to testify in court as expert witnesses and to communicate their findings clearly and effectively.
5. Developing students' critical thinking skills and their ability to use scientific principles and methods to solve complex problems.
6. Encouraging ethical behavior and upholding high standards of professionalism in the field of forensic medicine.
7. Fostering an understanding of the impact that forensic medicine has on society and the criminal justice system, and promoting public awareness of the important role that forensic evidence plays in solving crimes.
1. Medical Ethics and Medical Jurisprudence
2. Forensic Pathology
3. Forensic Toxicology
4. Forensic Anthropology
5. Forensic Odontology
6. Forensic Entomology
7. Forensic Psychology
8. Forensic Science
9. Forensic Nursing
10. Forensic Archaeology
|1||DR. ASHOK SAGAR||PROFESSOR & HOD|
|2||DR. VISHWAJEET SINGH||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|3||DR. SHILPA SINGH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|4||DR. FARIDA TABASSUM||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|5||DR. PARUL AGARWAL||JUNIOR RESIDENT|
Departmental Museum has a very good collection of charts, Wet specimens, Wax Specimen, Poisons and various weapons including various Fire Arms to facilitate learning and understanding for UG & PG Students.
UG & PG Lab:
The department also has Lab facilities for Examination of Biological fluids ( Blood, Saliva, Semen) and trace pieces of evidence.
- The efforts are being made to start Medico-Legal work like Age estimation and Examination of Sexual Offences of victims & accused to restart the Post Graduation in the department.
- Advanced Forensic Science lab