The Department of pharmacology has been committed to the scientific, clinical and educational mission of Santosh University. It was established with inception of the institution in 1995.
Read also about courses offered by Pharmacology Department:
Plan Going Forward:
Focus on making the undergraduate students to understand the basic concepts of Pharmacology
Train our Postgraduate students for all the advancements related to various field of basic and Clinical Pharmacology and their application in patient care and well-being.
Inculcate the spirit of Research among Undergraduates as well as Postgraduates.
To inculcate relevant knowledge of pharmacology to both UG and PG students including PhDs.
Utilizing resources like Computer Assisted Learning (CAL) Laboratory, Expermental and clinical Research Lab and Pharmacovigilance cell provide a great opportunities and learning environment. Here are some suggestions to achieve this goal:
1. Develop a structured curriculum: Design a curriculum that incorporates the use of resources like CAL Lab, Research Lab, and Pharmacovigilance cell to provide students with hands-on learning experiences. The curriculum should include modules on research methodology, pharmacovigilance, data analysis, and evidence-based medicine.
2. Promote research activities: Encourage students to participate in self initiated research activities or research projects under the guidance of a faculty, Provide them with opportunities to work with faculty members who are actively involved in basic and clinical research (Clinical Trials etc.) and to promote and incentivize them to present research work at conferences and symposiums.
3. Provide training on research tools: Train students on research tools such as research methodology, data analysis on statistical software, database management systems. This will help them to effectively manage, analyze and interprte research findings, a critical component of Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM).
4. Offer practical training: Provide students with hands on training on diffrent resources related to research and academic activities. This will enable them to acquire skills that are relevant to their careers as researchers and academicians.
5. Collaborative Networking: Encourage collaboration among students, faculty, and researchers from same or other institutions.This will enable students to learn from each others, from seniors, opportunities to share knowledge among themselves. It will surely help bullding networks that will be useful for their career growth.
Utilizing sach strategies, students will be more informed researchers and academicians who can work in various fields to promote evidence-based medicine. They will be able to take informed decisions based on sound research knowledge and contribute towards the advancement of medical science
-> Drug Discovery and Development
-> PK-PD Modelling
-> Clinical Pharmacology
-> Neuropharmacology and Psychopharmacology
-> Cardiovascular Pharmacology
-> Molecular Pharmacology
-> Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics
-> Cancer Pharmacology
-> Reverse Pharmacology
-> Drug Repurposing
-> Concept of Essential Medicines
-> Rational prescribing
-> Drug safety
|1||DR. SABORNI DEY||PROFESSOR&HOD|
|2||DR. VIVEK TEJVIR YADAV||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|3||DR. MAMTA YADAV||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|4||DR. RAJNI KUMARI RAI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|DR. RAM AWTAR MANDA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|5||DR. MANISHA CHATTARJEE||SENIOR RESIDENT|
-> Pharmacy laboratory
-> Undergraduate experimental lab
-> Postgraduate experimental / clinical laboratory
-> Computer Assisted Learning (CAL) laboratory, simulated animal experimentation using standard software for UG and PG.
-> Pharmacovigilance unit.
-> Animal handling area
-> Departmental library
-> Department of pharmacology is ISO Certified by Educational Organizations Management System (ISO 21001:2018)
-> Our Adverse Recation Reporting Monitoring Centre (AMC) has been recognized by the Pharmacovigilance Programme of India (PvPI) under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
-> Our institute is NAAC accredited.